Heroes of Saint Nicholas
On the morning of September 11, 2001, heroes emerged at Ground Zero – many of whom gave their lives. Since that fateful day, there have been contributions of enormous significance to the rebuilding of the Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church and National Shrine. These are the Heroes of Saint Nicholas.
Every month, we will highlight a person who played a special role in making the National Shrine a reality. The gratitude of the Greek Orthodox Church toward these people is truly incalculable. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts for what they have done to bring about the miraculous reconstruction of Saint Nicholas.
This month's Heroes of Saint Nicholas is Louis Katsos - Read full announcement
The rebuilding of Saint Nicholas has been assisted by many people through the years. In this final push to finish the Church, one of the unsung heroes is Louis (Lou) Katsos, a remarkable Hellene of the New York Omogeneia. He has contributed his extensive technical know-how, his time and energy – even traveling abroad to ensure supply chain issues, and his commitment to the future of the National Shrine by agreeing to serve as Treasurer of the Parish Council. Continue reading this announcement.
Heroes of Saint Nicholas Recipients
- January 2022: Louis Katsos
- December 2021: The Builders of our National Shrine
- November 2021: Richard Browne
- October 2021: The Friends of Saint Nicholas
- September 2021: The Reverend Father Alexander Karloutsos
- August 2021: The Parish Council of the Saint Nicholas Church
- May 2021: Anthoula Katsimatides
- April 2021: John V. Kassimatis
- March 2021: His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios
- January-February 2021: Peter, John, and Jimmy Costalas and their Families
- November 2020: Mr. Steven "Steve" Plate